Monday, September 10, 2012

College Decision Answers for High School Counselors: A Good Source

Obviously, I'm struggling with my own child's decision about what kind of education to pursue after high school, so I went looking for some answers. 

http://www.thecollegesolution.com/tag/high-school-counselor

This blog give some insight to the school guidance counselor's role in making these decisions.  I haven't read every post by Lynn O'Shaughnessy, but I think she offers some ideas about the areas that high school counselors really need to work on.  I completed a research project over the summer that examined how much time local high school counselors actually get to spend on working with students versus performing BAC and administrative duties and it shed some light on why there is a lack of time and knowledge in some areas.  I'm hoping that when I get my opportunity to work with students on making these important decisions, that I can be better educated and much more involved with helping students do what is best for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment